My child does not want to socialize with anyone who comes home; always shies away, what to do to make him more social?Ans :
There are two reasons for the child to be shy.
- The genes that they receive from their parents
- The environment in which they get the opportunity to practice their skills
We as humans take time to speak to any stranger, so is with the child. We as adults try to test the child in front of strangers by asking them various questions like: "Tell aunty what is your name?" "Tell her the rhyme you learnt "etc.
Children definitely don't like to be tested. Instead we should let the child observe that we are comfortable with the stranger, she is someone whom the child can trust, have fun with etc. Slowly the child will get comfortable and become social.
Children need to be given exposure to learn to play in a group. Lot of times children are all alone at home due to various reasons like both parents are working, child is with the maid all the time, parents do not encourage their child to mingle with other friends etc.
Below are the suggested ways to help your child become social:
- Encourage social interaction by taking the child to social places like children's club or parties
- Take the child to the park, send him to play with friends in the society
- Invite your child's friends at home to play with him
- Make him independent to take his own decisions
- Ans :
Children enter playgroup at the age of 1.5 to 2 years. Children at this age hold the pencil in the Washington monument grasp position (child holds pencil straight up in the air) whereas it has to be in the tripod grasp position (child holds pencil with the support of thumb, index finger and middle finger). The reason for the same is that the finer motor skills of the child are in the developing stage to learn to hold the pencil in the right position.
Below mentioned are the suggested activities at playgroup level:
Playing with peg boards, scribbling with thick crayons, solving puzzles with knobs, paper tearing, crumpling, twisting, lacing beads, sorting etc.
This will enable the child to learn to use the thumb, index finger and middle finger to hold the pencil. Opportunities to practice this skill should be given at home as well as at school. Once the child achieves his milestones, he will be better equipped to write.
- Ans :
Kidzee’s prime focus is to nurture the uniqueness of every child. Kidzee has designed a diverse range of indoor & outdoor activities to achieve well defined learning and developmental goals that suit different learning styles of children. For more information, please visit Why Kidzee?
- Ans :
Kidzee selects its staff strictly on the basis of their educational qualifications, relevant experience and their attitude towards learning and learners. It provides compulsory and intensive training in iLLUME so that they impart Kidzee’s academic curriculum in the way it is meant to be.
- Ans :In Kidzee, the maximum number of children in a classroom is limited to 20. To ensure optimum classroom learning, an adult-child ratio of 1:10 is maintained.
- Ans :Kidzee does not believe in competitive assessment. The fact that every child is unique and has an infinite potential makes it irreverent to gauge them on a common scale. Kidzee endeavors to help each and every child discover this unique potential. This is possible because of the observation-based, continuous and cumulative process through which students are not scrutinized but allowed to express themselves unreservedly.
- Ans :Kidzee follows a child-friendly behaviour management routine which includes RPI – Rules, Praise and Ignore. Child-centric measures are adopted and the teachers and other adults are trained to be proactive and find solutions along with the children. No corporal punishment is allowed.
- Ans :The medium of instruction is English.
- Ans :At Sr. Kg. Level, apart from English, the vernacular language or Hindi is introduced to make the children feel more comfortable and be prepared for a formal school.
- Ans :Yes, Kidzee allows admissions in mid-term.
- Ans :Kidzee recognizes that there are many situations such as transfer of parents from one city to another, where a child needs to be transferred from one Kidzee to another Kidzee. To facilitate this, a transfer policy rests with all Kidzees. In line with parent-friendly procedures, the transfer policy requires the existing Kidzee to refund the fees for the months not completed, but, not the annual fees. The parent will be required to pay tuition fee as applicable for the remaining months at the relocated Kidzee.
- Ans :No, Kidzee does not believe in entry barriers to quality education.Our belief drives us to accept all children and help them to be the best of themselves.
- Ans :A high level of parental involvement is encouraged in Kidzee. Kidzee believes that parents play a strong role in child’s development. Parents are regularly informed and kept updated on the development of their ward as well as on the happenings at Kidzee through Open Forums, Seminars, Parent-Teacher Meetings (PTAs) and Open House sessions.
- Ans :There are separate uniforms for summer and winter. Summer uniforms are inclusive in the child kit and the winter uniforms are available in our schools at an additional cost.
- Ans :
The timings differ from centre to centre. For further details, please visit the respective Kidzee’s website through the Find Your Nearest Kidzee.
- Ans :The duration for : Playgroup and Nursery - 2 ½ hours Junior / Senior KG - 3 ½ hours
- Ans :Yes.
- Ans :
The academic sessions differ from location to location. For further details, please visit the respective Kidzee’s website through Find Your Nearest Kidzee.
- Ans :
It is very easy to locate your nearest centre on our website. For further details, please visit the respective Kidzee’s website through Find Your Nearest Kidzee.
- Ans :
You will find information at your nearest Kidzee. For further details, please visit the respective Kidzee’s website through Find Your Nearest Kidzee.
- Ans :No. There is no such requirement in any Kidzee.
- Ans :No. Preschool does not come under HRD ministry. It comes under Ministry of Women & Child Development
- Ans :
Zee Learn is into Education since last 12 years now. Our methodology “iLLUME” is certified by M S Baroda University. "iLLUME", places the ―unique child in the centre of learning process & gives him/her freedom to learn. We received many prestigious award and this year we have received Franchisor of the Year 2010 across all sectors. Kidzee is Asia's largest chain of preschools with more than 1350 centers
- Ans :Residential locations are will be better for more enrollments. We have location checklist which helps us to evaluate the viability of location from both enrolment and child's safety point of view. So once you finalize the location we will visit the location
- Ans :8-12 months OR 40 Kids
- Ans :Graduate with diploma in childcare/ human development. NTT/ ECE/ B.Sc in Home Science/ Montessori/ B.Ed Kidzee Univ certified teacher
- Ans :No. Kidzee Franchise fee needs to be paid in one go. Center setup and operationalising period is sometimes less than month because of which F.F. cannot be paid in installments
- Ans :Adult as to child ratio of 1:10 and Teacher as to child ratio
- Ans :We will definitely help in driving enrolments We bear the cost for mass media marketing activies and BP need to invest in local marketing activities. For local marketing activities we provide designs of marketing collaterals and plan. Counselor training will help to improve the conversions after activities
- Ans :We define the tier of Kidzee keeping both area and facilities in mind. So you need to charge according to Kidzee Tier structure decided
- Ans :It varies from place to place. You need to spend on marketing for the first year as center is new and people don’t know about it. Average number will be around 50-60 students
- Ans :That depends on whether you start JKG and SKG from the first year itself. Teacher: Child ratio should be 1:20. For Playgroup and Nursary 1 teacher can handle the 2 classes
- Ans :If you set up whole thing for Nursary, Playgroup, JKG and SKG at the first place then you will get good enrolments. Basically parent should get an idea that preschool will soon start JKG and SKG classes
- Ans :Yes our business model has been approved by SBI
- Ans :Specific to region. But we will not open new Kidzee within 2 Kms for Metro and 3 Kms for other cities
- Ans :We provide the student kit which contains entire uniform
- Ans :We provide 60-80 hours training to teachers which focus on enabling them with skill set in delivering the content as per child’s needs and motivating children. We also work upon attitude of teachers by enabling them to be personally effective. Counselor should know every aspect of our methodology for solving various queries from the parents. Counselor training gives all the insights about our curriculum and how we focus on unique learning styles.
- Ans :Yes. We will provide you all financials required
- Ans :Annual fees are decided according to MPV classification. We consider child population, Rentals and Competitor fees as parameters for this classification. For brand like Kidzee AF will be definitely more than other non-branded schools. AF suggested will definitely give you enough enrolments
- Ans :20-25 as we keep Teacher as to Child ratio of 1:20 and Adult as to Child ratio 1:10